If you are currently holding and International Driver's License, then bring the following items to the address at the bottom of the page.
1. Valid license
2. ARC or other relevant document
4. Two 2-inch photos
A Car License
Applying for a car license:
2. A learner permit (must have over three months learning experience)
3. Three, clear identical photos taken within the past six months on 1-inch glossy printing paper.
4. One driving license registration form and a qualified physical examination.
5. Registration fee: NT$450, driving license fee: NT$200.
Points for attention:
1. You must be over 18 years of age.
2. You must pass both the written and driving tests.
a. If you do not pass the written test, you may retake it after 7 days.
b. If you do not pass the driving test, you may make an appointment to retake the test within 7 days.
3. Test results are valid for up to one year.
4. Your driver's license is valid only as long as your ARC is valid.
Applying for a motorcycle license:
The current fees include an health examination fee of NT$90 and a test fee of NT$250, for a total of NT$340. The content of the test depends on the type of vehicle. To obtain a license for a 50cc scooter, only the written test is required. For motorcycles and scooters above 50cc, both a written test and a road test are required. You must provide your own vehicle and helmet for the road test. A booklet containing information about the written test may be bought at the Department of Motor Vehicles inspection office.
1. Identification papers (Please attach an ARC which is valid for at least one year).
2. Three, clear identical photos taken within the past six months on 1-inch glossy printing paper.
3. One driving license registration form and a qualified physical examination.
4. Registration fee: NT$250, driving license fee: NT$200.
Points for attention:
1. An applicant must be over the age of 18.
2. A person who has a car driving license, is allowed ride a light motorbike.
3. The license issuing is based on both the traffic rules test and the road driving test are passes.
a. Light motorbike (below 50cc) driving license applicant exempted from road driving test.
b. The holder of valid a car or a light motorbike driving license who apply for an ordinary heavy motorbike (above 50cc
and below 250cc) is exempted from rules test.
c. An applicant who apply for a huge heavy motorbike (above 250cc), should obtain over one years experience for an
ordinary heavy motorbike driving license, as well as has completed a lesson in a legal establish driving and training
school and get the qualified strength examination once more for application.
4. If one of them the traffic rules test or the road driving test fail which is allowed an application afresh after seven days.
5. Both the results of physical examination and traffic rules test are valid for within one year.
6. Date of valid of the driving license issuing is based on date of valid of the stay permit or residence certificate.
Vehicle Registration and Inspection
For questions regarding registration and Inspection, please visit the following site:
Traffic fines can be paid at any local conveniece store such as 7-11, Family Mart,OK,etc as long as they are not overdue.
Once your tickets are overdue, you must then go either to a bank or post office.
You can also visit this great site for more information on paying traffic fines:
Motorcycle insurance may be purchased and any major motorcycle shop. Make sure you bring your ARC and current motorcycle registration form. Remember to affix the sticker to your license plate once you have purchased the insurance.
Insurance for one year is less than 1,000 NT dollars.
2, Yoyuan Rd., Sec. 1 DaDu Town, Taichung County