1. The Location and Expected Performance of Taichung Software Park
(1) Location and Area of Taichung Software Park: Taichung Software Park is located at Sec. 1, Zhongxing Rd., Dali Dist., Taichung City. It was originally the land to test new tobacco and liquor from Taiwan Tobacco and Wine Monopoly Bureau and has an area of around 4.96 hectares. It is now currently under the affiliation of Export Processing Zone Administration, MOEA.
(2) Orientation of the Park: MOEA has planned it to become the R&D base for digital contents, cultural creativity and innovation.
(3) Expected Performance: The establishment plan of Taichung Software Park was approved by Executive Yuan on December 12th, 2011 and was organized to primarily introduce information service industry, digital content industry, cloud computing industry, and Mandarin e-commerce industry. After its establishment, it is expected to create 5000 employment opportunities to Taichung region, introduce around NT$8 billion of investment and the annual product value can reach NT$15 billion.
2. The Progress of Development of Taichung Software Park:
Tender documents were publicized by Export Processing Zone Administration, MOEA on May 10th, 2012 and started to accept investment application from June 6th, 2012. Up until now, corporations such as Save & Safe, Yesoon Construction, Digiwin Software and Wanin International have entered Taichung Software Park and established their central Taiwan headquarters here. The letting rate reaches 100% and is now fully under the stage of construction planning and development.