Environmental Protection Bureau of Taichung City Government has adjusted garbage collection time for the 2014 National Cleaning Week and Spring Festival as follows:
1. During the National Cleaning Week from January 19 to January 30, all the cleansing teams in each administrative district suspend their regular day off on Wednesdays and Sundays and accept registration to clean away huge garbage.
2. On January 29 (Wednesday) and January 30 (Chinese New Year's Eve), cleansing teams will strengthen garbage collection, transportation, and recycling operations until they finish up all the tasks for the day.
3. Garbage collection and transportation will be suspended between Friday, January 31 and Sunday, February 2 (the 1st-3rd day of Spring Festival), but cleaners will be assigned to keep clean some important places and famous scenic spots, such as the railway stations; the exhibition stalls surrounding the high-speed rail station; the surroundings of Jenn Lann Temple in Dajia, and Gu Kuan; the airports; and the markets.
4. On Monday, February 3 (the 4th day of Spring Festival), garbage collection and transportation will be carried out during the daytime.
5. Normal operation will resume from Tuesday, February 4th (the 5th day of Spring Festival).
The 2014 Spring Festival will last for six days, among which garbage collection will be suspended for three days (the 1st-3rd day of Spring Festival). Our citizens please take note of the schedule to keep your home clean for the Chinese New Year Festival, urges the Environmental Protection Bureau.