Go To Content
Current Location Home > Living > Daily Life
  • print
  • 回上一頁

National Health Insurance

  • Date: 2018-02-14
  • Issued by: Health Bureau
National Health Insurance

Foreigners staying in Taiwan for at least four months and holding an Alien Residence Certificate (ARC), are eligible for and should enroll in the National Health Insurance Program. Foreign employees with specific employers should enroll in the NHI from the date of employment.

All ARC holders are entitled to National Health Insurance. All legal employers and eductional institutions will provide insurance for you. Most employers will pay for most, if not all of your health insurance. Talk to your employer about the details.

How does one enroll in the NHI Program?

Foreign employees should provide Xerox copies of Work Permit and Residence Certificate to their places of employment (i.e. employers) for enrollment in the NHI program. A foreigner as the head of an enterprise is eligible for NHI coverage after residing in Taiwan for more than four months.

Unemployed foreigners, if qualified as dependents of an insured person, may enroll under that insured person.

Unemployed foreigners, if not qualified as dependents of an insured person, should bring the Residence Certificate to the village or district administration offices to enroll in the NHI Program.

For further information, check out these websites:

Bureau of National Health Insurance--Central Division (which includes Taichung)

Bureau of National Health Insurance

Or call toll free: 0800-030-598

Central Division Headquarters:

‧Tel:(04) 2258-3988 Fax:(04) 2253-1242

‧Office Hours:8:30 A.M.~5:30 P.M., Monday ~ Friday

‧Address:66 Shizheng N. 1st Rd.

Fengyuan office:

‧Tel:(04) 2526-0080 Fax:(04) 2526-0148

‧Office Hours:8:30 A.M.~5:30 P.M., Monday ~ Friday

‧Address:146, Ruian St., Fengyuan District

Shalu office

‧Tel:(04) 2665-3884 Fax:(04) 2665-3923

‧Office Hours:8:30 A.M.~5:30 P.M., Monday ~ Friday

‧Address:16, Fulu St., Shalu District

  • Date : 2009-12-14
  • Hit: 1274