Go To Content
Current Location Home > City Government > FAQs
  • print
  • Go Back

A foreign national selling his or her real estate in Taiwan has issued a power of attorney that has been certified by Taiwan Representative Office to an agent in Taiwan to deal with all the matters regarding such a transaction. Should the seller still submit a photocopy of his or her passport which has been translated into Chinese and certified by a notary or not?

Ans: Article 17 of the Enforcement Rules of Nationality Act stipulates that "Any document in foreign language should be attached with its photocopy translated into Chinese……The Chinese translation can be certified by the Taiwan Representative Office or a Taiwanese notary public.”
  • Data update: 2018-02-14
  • Publish Date: 2011-12-28
  • Source: Land Administration Bureau
  • Hit Count: 1247
Go Top