Go To Content
Current Location Home > City Government > FAQs
  • print
  • Go Back

Hello, my relatives living in Hawaii consider buying a house in Taiwan. What regulations should they follow? What documents should they prepare? What problems they may face?


  1. Acquisition of real estate by foreign nationals in Taiwan is governed by Articles 17 and 20 of the Land Act, as well as relevant regulations in the “Operational Directions for Foreigners to Acquire Land Rights in Taiwan”.
  2. Foreign nationals purchasing real estate are required to submit the following documents to the Land Registration Office where the land is located:
    1. Application form for land registration
    2. Identification documents of obligor and obligor of land rights
    3. Contract of sale and purchase
    4. Tax payment or tax exemption documents (e.g. land value increment tax or tax on land ownership registration)
    5. Reciprocal document (As Hawaii, USA, is included in the table of reciprocal countries, it is not necessary.)
    6. Certificate of zoning for land use (Applicants do not need to submit if the land is non-urban.)
    7. Land ownership certificate
    8. Authorization document (Attach it if individual is unable to apply personally)
    9. Other documents of evidence required according to the provisions of the Central Land Administration
  3. In addition, for the procedures, information, and documentation involved in the acquisition of land rights by foreign nationals in Taiwan, please visits the global website of the Department of Land Administration at here and download information on “free download,” “application form,” and “land rights category”
  4. If you still have any question, please state the facts in detail and contact the Land Office where your land is located.
  • Data update: 2022-09-06
  • Publish Date: 2011-12-28
  • Source: Land Administration Bureau
  • Hit Count: 1192
Go Top