Many drug abusers start taking drugs because they do not know how to say “NO” under peer pressure or friendship. When facing temptation from classmates or friends, you are advised to use the following tips to refuse and to protect yourself:
1. Direct rejection: Say “NO” directly in a firm attitude.
2. Get away from the scene: Find an excuse to get away from the scene as soon as possible.
3. Change the topic of conversation: You can use a gossip or a joke to change the subject of conversation, or recommend another activity.
4. Self-mockery: If your refusal makes yourself a foolish figure, follow the line to make fun of yourself in a humorous tone to ease the atmosphere.
5. Persuasion: Tell your peers that you hope they do not take drug because they are your friends and you care for them.