I. Origin as the City for Promoting Smart Machine:
Taichung City features a 60Km industry cluster that affects the entire world, including comprehensive upstream and downstream supply chain system for the machine industry as well as the aerospace components industry. Whereas the promotion of development for the smart machine and aerospace industry was based on the characteristic foundations of existing industries within the central region. With the extremely mature techniques for machine tool industry of the present phase, it is equipped with the capacity for collaborative development with the aerospace industry.
Taiwan’s machine tool industry output value is ranked No.4 in the world with approximately NT$ 150 billion. Whereas Taiwan’s aircraft industry estimated the global aerospace business opportunities would reach as high as US$ 5.6 trillion in the next 20 years. If the machine industry and the aerospace industry are stimulated to collaborate as well as obtain international certificate, it is then estimated to enhance the machine tool output value while also taking down the global aerospace’s business opportunities of US$ 5.6 trillion.
II. Significant Milestones:
1.Founded relevant platforms including “Central Taiwan Industry 4.0 Industry-Government-Academia-Research Alliance” and “A-I-M Aerospace Machine Tool Industrial Technique Alliance” in 2015.
2. Organized the 2016 Aerospace Industry - AIM and Productivity 4.0 Industrial Technology Matching Exhibition from June 16th until 20th, 2016, comprehensively demonstrated the aerospace processing industrial chain, while also organized several professional seminars as well as technological presentations.
3. Organized the forum on “Prospective Smart Machine and Aerospace – Enhancing Taiwan’s Competitiveness” on June 18th, 2016, invited president Ing-Wen Tsai as well as relevant division directors, machine aerospace industry leaders, relevant experts and principals from the four domains of industry, government, academia and research to jointly attend the forum, thereby enhancing Taiwan’s competitiveness together through the integrative cross-field energy.
4. Prompted the Executive Yuan to pass the “Smart Machine Industry Promotional Program” on July 21st, 2016, which will base Taichung City as the core to connect counties and cities in the central region for the development of smart machine and national defense aerospace industry, thereby creating Taichung as the “City of Smart Machine”.
III. Future Promotional Direction:
1. Construct central and local smart machine connection platform
2. Combine central Taiwan’s urban development plan, provided as the central region and demonstrative venue for industry development.
3. Smart machine development center will be constructed in Shuinan Economic and Commercial Zone.
4. Plan Shuinan and Wuri Convention and Exhibition Centers to bring in international exhibitions.
5. Reinforce industry-academia collaboration; enhance technique research and development, as well as talent cultivation.
6. Promote smart car and unmanned vehicle applications.