- The guidelines are set up by Education Bureau of Taichung City Government (hereinafter referred to as the Bureau) to handle the international exchanges and training programs involving the secondary school students from Taichung City. The purpose is to nurture students’ world view, strengthen international friendship, and promote national diplomacy.
- The Bureau is the competent authority in charge of the guidelines.
- Secondary school students living in Taichung City who meet the following qualifications may apply for international exchange student programs:
- Eighth-grade or ninth-grade students studying in Taichung City.
- Academically ranked on top 50 percent, with good moral character and talent.
- Good foreign language skills.
- High Schools in Taichung City should rotate to help handle the following activities for international exchange student programs:
- Selection of the international schools
- Selection of international exchange students from Taichung City
- Selection of accompanying teachers and staff.
- Arrangement of room and board and transportation for international exchange students.
- Arrangement of learning activities and visits for international student exchange programs.
- Assistance in other matters related to international exchange students.
- The costs incurred by the international exchange programs should be borne by students, but the Bureau may subsidize the students and accompanying staff for air tickets, accommodation, transportation, insurance and other expenses. The Bureau should make budget for the subsidy.
- International exchange students form Taichung City shall write reports to the organizing school within one month after the event. The organizing school shall send those student reports together with its own performance report to the Bureau for future reference.
- If necessary, the organizing school may commission a reputable qualified travel agency to help handle the international exchange student program. In such a case, contracts should be signed and travel accident insurance should be bought.
- Date ： 2012-01-30
- Hit： 1013