Go To Content
Current Location Home > City Government > FAQs
  • print
  • Go Back

If a concerned party loses his/her national identification card but can not personally go to the household registration office to apply for a replacement, due to work, serious illness, or going abroad, can his/her spouse or lineal relatives file the application on his/her behalf?

1. If the applicant suffers from serious illness or can not walk, he/she may submit a certificate signed by his/her physician or the head of neighborhood committee, and a power of attorney to entrust his or her spouse or an adult lineal relative by blood to apply on his/her behalf. If necessary, a household officer may visit him/her and check his/her appearance on the site.
2. To protect the interests of the applicant, he/she must apply in person. Heavy workload is not accepted as an excuse.
3. The applicant who has gone abroad shall apply for an ID card replacement after he/she returns home, because it is his/her passport rather than an identification card that is in use in a foreign country.
  • Data update: 2018-02-14
  • Publish Date: 2012-05-21
  • Source:
  • Hit Count: 985
Go Top