Go To Content
Current Location Home > City Government > FAQ
  • print
  • Go Back

What if a traffic accident has been dealt with by the police but the other party does not want to compensate or reconcile the dispute accordingly?

1. When there are no casualties but damage to vehicle is caused, it is a civil case. The involved parties may settle among themselves or commission the insurance company to deal with the claim issues. If a settlement cannot be reached, the parties should appeal to the mediation committee in their local township or district offices or file a lawsuit to the Civil Division of the District Court. (Note: The police shall not take the initiative to get involved in a civil case in accordance with the laws.)
2. If injury is caused in the traffic accident and the parties can not settle on their own and wish to file an injury claim, they can file a lawsuit at the police station or the District Court where the incident took place (The period of prescription is six months).
(1) If foreigners are involved, please contact the Foreign Service Office of local police precinct.
(2) If military personnel are involved, please contact the local military police authority.
  • Data update: 2018-02-14
  • Publish Date: 2012-09-28
  • Source: Police Department
  • Hit Count: 1234
Go Top