Latest news: According to the "Operation Directions for Issuing Police Criminal Record Certificates," the official stamp of a police agency is no longer required but only the agency head’s signature stamp in Chinese and English shall be sealed on the lower left corner of a police criminal record certificate.
1. Legal basis:
Act Governing Issuance of Police Criminal Record Certificates and Fee Standards for Police Criminal Record Certificates.
2. Units to accept applications:
County and City Police Department’s Foreign Affairs Section; Administrative Section of Police Department of Kinmen County and Lienchiang County of Fujian Province.
Foreign Affairs Office of Taichung City Government Police Department and each Precinct of Taichung City Government Police Department (only accepting application and no issuing of certification).
3. Operation hours:
(1) Foreign Affairs Office of Taichung City Government Police Department: 08:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays; no break at noon)
(2) Household Registration Division of each Precinct: 08:00 ~ 12:00 and13:00 ~ 17:00, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)
4. Required documents:
(1) To apply in person:
i. A completed application form (Can be filled out at the counter)
ii. R.O.C. citizens:
An original and a copy of R.O.C. ID (or an original and a copy of household registration applied within one month or an original and a copy of household registration).
Those who apply for a bilingual version please attach a photocopy of passport.
An original and a copy of passport or alien resident certificate.
iv. Application by trustee: Original ID of authorized person and the principal's identity card and stamp.
(2) To apply via the Internet:
i. Apply for and collect the certificate in person or by trustee at the police headquarters.
ii. Prepare the same required documents as those listed in (1) to apply in person.
iii. Pay certificate fees.
5. Cost: NT$ 100 for each certificate.
6. Processing time:
(1) Foreign Affairs Office of Taichung City Government Police Department: Certificate shall be issued in no time. It takes longer if there is a criminal record, group application, and failure of computer information system.
(2) Household Registration Division at each Precinct: 2.5 days. It take longer if there is a criminal record, group application, and failure of computer information system.
(1) An applicant's English name on the certificate MUST be identical to that appearing on the applicant's passport.
(2) To shorten the processing time, please provide relevant court or trial documents, if any, to verify your current criminal record status.
(3) You can apply at any county and city police department (including and not limited to the police department of your domicile).
(4) If you assign an individual to apply on your behalf, you must submit a valid power of attorney
8. Contact of Foreign Affairs Office:
Tel: 04 -23273875
Address: No. 588, Sec. 2, Wenxin Rd., Xitun District, Taichung City
9. Contact telephone numbers of Household Registration Division at each Precinct:
First Precinct: 04-22298999
Hoping Precinct: 04-25942335
Second Precinct: 04-22351035
Dongshih Precinct: 04-25885790
Third Precinct: 04-22226693
Dajia Precinct: 04-26865415
Fourth Precinct: 04-23892017
Qingshui Precinct: 04-26230530
Fifth Precinct: 04-22420023
Wurih Precinct: 04-23387770
Sixth Precinct: 04-22513291
Wufeng Precinct: 04-23390768
Fengyuan Precinct: 04-25254571
Taiping Precinct: 04-23938138